My crazy week
Team Shelter had a really eventful week. I was very ill and crossed my limits. I was at the emergency room, but I could go home after a long day. I cut all my aloe vera plants, because I wanted to avoid that my cats need emergency treatment. I was worried about the power balance between my cats, but Tessa was very relaxed and showed off. Tessa was also easy-going when their cage was open, but Kajsa and I were overwhelmed.
In short: many things happened, but the real excitement is still ahead: THIS WAS MY LAST WEEK WITHOUT CATS! 3 days to go!
Cats and Mental Health
I’m happy that I didn’t need an emergency surgery, but if I did, I wished I had a feline nurse. Taking care of a patient’s mental health is crucial to recovery, and this cat certainly knows why.
Sunday Selfie blog hop*
I can’t believe it. I’m not only participating in a cat selfie (?!) blog hop, but I even let my cats write parts of my blog. This feline Internet is really … strange, and I’ve quickly adopted.
Hi, this is Tessa speaking. I think Kajsa is not talented at taking selfies, so I decided to take over this week. Please don’t tell her, because she’ll probably hit me.
Yesterday, there was this crazy lady at the shelter. No, not the one who is calling herself Mom, though she’s crazy as well. This other lady was standing outside our cage when this Mom-person was about to leave. She admired me, and Mom-person got happy and said that we were her cats. The crazy lady started to tell Mom-person about her cat at home, and that she absolutely had to get me. She was sure I’d be a great playmate for her cat. She offered Mom-person money, and tried to convince her to only take Kajsa. Mom-person said no, and I’m really relieved. I still need to find out what a Mom is though.
Blogger of the week
My blogger of the week was 15andmeowing, because she gave me my very first blog award!
• Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify all nominees via their social media/blogs (15?!?!?! That’s a lot!)
• Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you (very important)
• Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers
• Pass these rules on to them
I think it was Noodle For President who commented “(15?!?!?! That’s a lot!)”, and I agree. I’ll go for 5 facts and 10 blogs.
5 Facts about myself
- I was seriously considering getting budgies instead of cats.
- I hardly listen to music. I like some background music whilst I’m driving or cleaning, but that’s the only exception.
- I’m really bad at answering text messages and phone calls
- I love flea markets and second-hand stores
- I can’t cook. Honestly. My friends usually bring their own food when they’re visiting me, because they know that my fridge is most likely empty.
10 pet blogs which are inspiring me
Please bear with me, this is my very first blog award. It was really hard to choose, and I didn’t want to offend anyone. I like you all!
- Pikku Punapippuri , because her blog is so funny!
- Katnip Lounge , because I love that she travelled to Pikku Punapippuri to help her whilst she is in hospital.
- Amanda Green , because she’s the only other blogger who blogs about cats and mental health (as far as I know of)
- The Swiss Cats , because I admire their multilingual blog. They’re blogging in 4 (!) different languages
- Cat From Hell , because I really like her graphics. I admit – I’m jealous of her blog’s name.
- Island Cats , because I adore their high-quality pictures
- The Kitty Corner , because I can relate to almost every post of her A to Z challenge.
- That’s Purfect , because also her A to Z posts are really great
- Sometimes Cats Herd You , because she often posts funny photo stories
- The Lazy Pit Bull , because I love her weekly themed photo challenge.
*A blog hop is a specific topic bloggers write about on a certain day. The blog hop (hopping from one blog to another) collects all links, and makes it easy to see how others have interpreted this topic. This posting was part of The Cat On My Head’s blog hop Selfie Sunday.